Sunday, July 19, 2009

A thousand tongues


O for a thousand tongues to sing,
that's just what we need.
O for a thousand tongues to sing,
adding to this chorus of empty praise.

O for one in one thousand, one just one,
Lord can I be that one who sings what it means.

O for a thousand tongues to sing,
O great, O well, O my God!

O uncomprehensible word of frustration- "O"
When rather it should be an exclamation.

O, the grunt and the groan of the Spirit,
When I am as dead as dead can be.

O God do you get glory from facades and hypocricy.

O for the one word command- Rejoice
O for emphasis, and again I say Rejoice.

O what a shame, that I am outdone,
that I am out sung by inanimate things.

O that I could praise, O that I would,
Lift my heart, lift my voice.


2 comments:

  1. O God do you get glory from facades and hypocricy?

    This line stands out to me...I have recently thought about this...I think it is important that we as followers of Christ resist the temptation to live out our walks with Christ in a way that is hypocritcal and fake. I can imagine that this is probaly one of the hardest things for God to see His children doing. I don't want to live a life that makes God want to spit me out of His mouth because it's full of facades and hypocrasy. Oh that I could be so close to Him that these things don't even come up even a tiny bit in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, the grunt and the groan of the Spirit

    Actually a somewhat encouraging line. That even my inadequacies in crying out to God are superceded by His own hand. Or voice as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete