Monday, August 31, 2009

Living in Babylon

Don't be so heavenly minded that you're no earthly good,
Propaganda if you ask me.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God,
that I can understand.

The problem is I'm living in Babylon,
but my home is in Jerusalem.

And here the Lord knows I got a million problems,
yet I heap on more.

And the difficulty of focus, is its narrowness,
cause I'm cursed with peripheral vision.

Jesus and every good general know,
divide and conquer and the house will fall.

For me caught inbetween, how long can my division hold up?
I know a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Never been on rough seas, but I've been tossed by waves,
its worse than a jerky driver on a bumpy road when you're car sick.

Christ incarnate was both human and Divine,
so He's twice the man I am.

I don't hate what's physical,
I just want to be more spiritual.

1 comment:

  1. "You don't have a soul. You are a soul; you have a body." - C S Lewis
    Maybe part of the struggle of being in Babylon is the limitations of our souls trapped in our bodies. It seems nearly impossible to fully transcend to the spiritual mindset when everything reminds us of the physical realm. But being true to who we are in Christ demands that we do just that.

    ReplyDelete